Sunday, September 18, 2011

I will never make him wait!!!


That was a lazy Sunday, usually I don’t sleep in the afternoons, but I was in very deep sleep on that Sunday. It was 6 PM, I was in deep Trans of my sleep, and suddenly my phone rang, with half opened eyes I looked at the number and it was my dear friend 

He: hey whats up?

Me: I am sleeping.

He: call me once u get up, we will go out

Me: okay 

After 20 min ( I was still on bed) Phone rings.. the same person

He: got ready?

Me: ya 5 min I will be down

After 10 min, he reached my place, and I was still getting ready, finally I made him to wait for 15 min.

I reached the gate and saw a guy waiting, I am sure its him. I saw him crushing the cigarette on road, exhaling the final puff smoke. while nearing him, his perfume reached me wafting through. i could make out that he was waiting for 15 minutes. and had 3 cigarettes. 

I sat behind him, and started thinking

"A single cigarette can reduce the blood supply to your skin for over an hour."
"On average, each cigarette shortens a smoker's life by around 11 minutes."
"Over 80 cancer giving ingredients are present in a single Cigarette.” 

when I calculated, I have figured out he lost 33 minutes of his life waiting for me. 

I know he never quits smoking and i never wanted to be a reason for him to lit a cigarette .

I have decided that i will never make him wait..

p.s: If you think smoking is cool and shows ur attitude i am sorry. 

Here are your Wrong perceptions:
 Smoking looks cool and Cigarettes are identified as stress busters.
Sporting a lighted cigarette between ur fingers or lips is  real attitude. 
You look manly ( the fact is foul smell in the mouth and clothes is not liked by majority of females)

Image courtesy: http://www.livingworld.net




16 comments:

  1. that was sweet of you to think that way.
    I cannot be around sumone who smokes. I dont mind people smoking but they should be around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Red: thank you, ya many ppl cant be around someone who smokes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome :) good one :) Super like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @hanker: thanks a lot. if i am not wrong i guess u r vishwas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not just work towards him quitting it?
    But I really think this one's sweet. :)
    Don't we all know a smoker whom we really, really want to quit ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @crystal:) ya what i feel is unless a smoker is determined to stop/quit one can't make them quit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sweet. But, only by reducing the time of his waiting for you, won't reduce the amount of his cigarettes. Give your best shot at it, and make him quit, once and for all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful perspective. Beautifully put. The concept and the scenes go along so well.
    "the fact is foul smell in the mouth and clothes is not liked by majority of females"
    SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @arjit: thank you:) ya trying to.. but all are failure attempts

    @spicysweet: Thanks a ton :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ek nasha zaroori hai jeene ke liye...nasha chahe kissi bhi roop main ho....nasha pyar ka,paisa ka,safalta ka ya uski bhakti ka ho....zindagi ek nashe ke siva kuch nahi

    Best way for a woman to make her man quit his smoking habit is to make him realise that he is loosing vigor in love making,most of the men will quit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @vinod: Nice comment.. well said :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that shayari is not mine,it is from a famous song by Pankaj Udhas.I changed some words.Original was like this

    Kaisi lath kahan ki khata,bekudi main hai "Anwar" Khudi ka nasha

    Zindagi ek nashe ke siva kuch nahi,tumko peena na aaye to main kya karu

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one reason to not make him wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely perspective and expressed nicely...
    funny mess says. i will reach there in 5 mins, else read the mess again :D :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so please go ahead they make me Happy!!!