One study found that people tell two to three lies every 10 minutes, and even conservative estimates indicate that we lie at least once a day. According to another study conducted by the University of Massachusetts, 60% of adults can’t have a ten minute conversation without lying at least once.
We all are liars!!!
The lies that do not hurt anyone and are for a good reason we call them as white lies. Everyone tells a lie, sometimes they help to escape from a uncomfortable situation or hold on to someone, buy you time, save relationships or comfort someone and I guess this is a big list and it goes on. Here are some lies of modern world which we here every day:
- I am fine
- I will be there in five minutes
- I would have reached on time, but hell lot of traffic
- I am busy, call you back
- Your table will be ready in 5 minutes.
- Don’t worry; medicine has improved a lot these days
- I am on diet
- From tomorrow i will exercise for sure
- This is my last cigarette
- I will quit drinking
- I am not drunk
- Nothing is wrong.
- you are the best thing ever happened to me
- Definitely I will attend (invitation for wedding/any social gathering)
- You are not fat
- He/she is just a friend
- I will finish the work ASAP
- Aww wow! That’s a nice gift and thank you
- We will try our best.
- It’s ok!
- It happens for a reason
- I make sure, this will never happen again.
This is all I remember as of now.. Admit it that you've lied, and contribute to this list...