Thursday, April 5, 2012

Busy Life... Simplified


 And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count.
It’s the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

 Busyness the saga of modern living, Get up, rush to office, and again rush back home in the evening perform household activities and then off to sleep and next day the “Routine” continues….

I never expected that I work nearly 54 to 60 hours a week, though I appreciate my ability to do so and perform other activities of life, I feel stressed out.

One such stressful night, I questioned myself and laughed at my busyness, I never wanted to be so busy in life where I am losing self. Intentionally I started to introspect to understand what am I busy with? I understood being busy is not for me, I always wanted freedom & time to do things which I love in life.

So what is my busy day all about??
  • Get up late, rush to office (putting everything aside)
  • And in evenings allocate more time each day to clean & organize my stuff
  • I keep busy myself most of the time worrying about the tasks I am yet to finish
  • checking email, twitter FB several times a day
  • Spend time complaining about how busy I am?

Well, in this circus, I have lost self, I have no time for myself, so I decided to be less busy and start doing things which matter to me

How awesome it would be, to speak about the meaningful day, rather ranting about its busyness because I don’t want to sacrifice the things and relationships which I think I am making by being busy. I want to make use of my time and set priorities, do them first, and I know rest all will fall in its space. I want to get back to my hobbies :)

The tips I give to self are:

1) I am not perfect, and I don’t want to be one

2) For heaven sake I am not here to please everyone

3) Trying to be someone is not sexy, I can only be me & I accept it

4) I want to work smart not hard

5) avoid working overtime

6) I don’t help others when I am not able to

7) Want to begin everyday with prayer

8) Keep weekends as weekends

9) Will take domestic help

10) My life changes, when I change

For me a good life is always : Do more, need less, keep smiling and enjoy the simple pleasures of life, celebrate small success, achieve personal goals rather organizational goals, nurture relationships make the most of every moment. 
 
“Freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose —and commit myself to — what is best for me. -- Paulo Coelho
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this!
    I usually put in a little effort to improve,but give up soon!
    The last lines provide the most apt message for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking the post kinara and following too :)ya many times we know, but we give up soon.. let me see wht happens with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I was the only one round with that :)

    A top boss told me that work is a part of your life, not your life.

    Then again its easy to say that than to implement, takes a lot of discipline and focus to do it.

    Good luck with your initiative

    BTW, I don't know what smart work means, but I do know that if you know how to bend the rules then that's pretty smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busyness is yur Business eh?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so please go ahead they make me Happy!!!