Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Make no one wait...

Many of us work really hard, stretch working hours. We all want to value our job more than anything in life. Career, money, status. In process we miss out many things like family, friends & many more things.

I too belong to that group of people who always say “I have no leaves” If I have to attend some weddings or some function at home.

My sister had a medical problem where she was at home under medication, I used to visit home every month and stay for a week. My sister always wanted me to take a break for few months and be with her at home. I always said, “Oh!!that is not possible, I may fall back in this competitive world. That discussion went on for 1 year, finally I won. I continued my job and kept visiting home bimonthly.

Later my sister became bed ridden and I was there with her but unless watching her suffering I could not do anything.

And today she is no more with us, even if I think of spending time with her I could not.

I wish, If I have taken break and spent time with my sister, at least I would have had some memorable moments with her and today I may not have this regret in my heart.


Don't make people wait, because they can wait for you.

You never know you may not have people when you really want to be with them..





4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss :/ God give you and your family strength to overcome this.
    Sending hugs your way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right.The joy of life doesn't lie in our being a busy bee, but it lies in our giving space to those who always wait for us ... wait for being with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the loss and hope we learn to be there with our loved ones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. May her soul rest in peace. I can't say(for that matter no one can say) whether you did right or wrong! It was your idea and decision depending upon the situation. Even you yourself might not have thought about the consequence then.
    Some decisions need not be judged as right or wrong. We need to just go with what we feel at that moment. You see Life is very complicated and you need to always look for positive outcomes.

    P.S. I too had to face such kind of situation where in I chose to stay. But believe me, it has its own outcomes.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so please go ahead they make me Happy!!!