Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Teach People How to Treat You


Many times I feel why I have allowed someone to treat me that way? Why am I letting it happen that way and be tolerant? 

Just like me I guess many people do think, I heard people saying that “people use me, take advantage of me”, they are taken for granted and get hurt from the other person easily. 

While thinking of this I was wondering if I am complaining about this all the time, there must be something wrong with me. May be I have not taught the other person, how to treat me. 

The problem with me is I am very good at tolerating people for no reason and can’t be rude. Well in return what am I getting? I am sure I deserve to be treated with the same respect as what I give to others. I should define boundaries; it is me who can draw a line to determine how close I can be with a person to maintain a decent relationship. 

So I think I shall be clever and teach the other person, how to treat me from the beginning  so that things won’t go wrong later. 

Bottom line is one must treat themselves as if they are wonderful and shall not allow others to walk on you. Be good to yourself, because if you feel good about yourself then other people will treat you with respect. 

It’s we who teach people how to treat us!

P.S: Today morning,I got up early, was just enjoying nature sipping a cup of coffee in the balcony, a weird random thought/feeling  flashed my mind and this post took birth from there. 



5 comments:

  1. There was a time when I used to think on similar lines.

    The world has gone bad and if you are nice to others who don't deserve it, one find themselves at the receiving end.

    So be wise how others deserve to be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be your best friend then rest of the world will look less annoying and irritating

    One should learn art of remaining nice and not allowing anyone to take advantage of ur nicety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me Bharati, how does one set personal boundaries in India. I keep trying and I fail so bad, so bad. Then I think I have become too individualistic--and so give up and try having patience :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, the same happens with me too.i feel being reserved types save u from all disasters

      Delete

I love your comments, so please go ahead they make me Happy!!!